- past of contrast
Contrast is the dissimilarity or difference between things. Another meaning for contrast is in the context of color. This can be the opposition of items that are compared or the act of distinguishing via differences comparison. The act of linguistics contrast is the act of expressing the distinctions between words.(It is used in the writing form compare and contrast)
(vision), the difference in color and light between parts of an
- Contrast (formula), the formula for distinguishing colors.
- Contrast (statistics)
- Contrast medium used to distinguish structures or fluids within a body, often shortened to just "contrast"
- Contrast ratio The contrast ratio is a measure of a display system.
- Contrast of electronic visual displays
- Contrast (verbal), Contrast of silence and deep loud tones]]
contrasted in Norwegian: Kontrast
contrasted in Polish: Kontrast
contrasted in Portuguese: Contraste
contrasted in Russian: Контраст